At Hunsbury Park Primary School, our children are given time to explore subjects and develop deep understanding. We encourage children to take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, so they have the confidence and courage to ask questions, solve problems and reflect and respond to high quality written and verbal developmental feedback. Children are praised for their ability to collaborate, their perseverance and self-belief and positive attitudes towards their learning.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school where everyone can achieve success and develop their skills of independence, whatever their background. We promote an ethos of integrity and compassion, where diversity is valued and celebrated – both within school and the wider world.
Safeguarding and welfare is crucial and intrinsic in all we do. Children are taught the virtues of respect, friendship, peace, honesty and determination. Special care is taken to educate everyone in Hunsbury Park Primary School about the needs of others and how best to meet them. We promote open and honest communication with parents, carers and specialists and actively seek to engage with all members of the Hunsbury Park community in a positive and supportive manner.
High quality teaching is a key priority at Hunsbury Park Primary School and the relationship between staff and children underpins inspirational, supportive and effective teaching, learning and assessment. Staff are actively involved in identifying their support and professional development needs; this leads to careers with clear progression. We ensure that there is a wide range of quality continued professional development available and that staff are able to learn from each other and share good practice.
It is our aim to ensure:
- Teaching, learning and assessment of the highest standard and quality
- An engaging and enriched curriculum facilitated by a well-resourced learning environment
- A culture of friendship, respect, honesty, tolerance and determination, where children are eager and active as good citizens
- Instil in children and adults a lifelong love for learning and a strong grounding for future success throughout all stages of learning and life
- Opportunities for a positive and active partnerships with parents, carers, governors and the wider local community which reflects and draws upon the richness and diversity of our community
At Hunsbury Park Primary School, we value: